- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau house damaged by flue fire
The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to a call of a flue fire at 11:21 p.m. Thursday 2205 Cambridge Drive.
Upon arrival, no evidence of fire was visible from the exterior, but firefighters observed smoke coming from the fireplace area, according to a news release by Mark Starnes, battalion chief. A fire in the wall between the basement and the first floor was discovered and extinguished after "extensive overhaul" to the interior of the house.
Three fire engines and one ladder truck, along with a chief officer and 15 personnel, were on the scene for about two and a half hours. The house sustained moderate damage, estimated at $45,000. There were no injuries.
2205 Cambridge Drive, Cape Girardeau