- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- Charles Henry Jordan, 76, passed away Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at his homein Tamms.
He was born June 23, 1936, in Elco, Ill., son of Omer and Avis Watkins Jordan.
Charles was a retired truck driver and taught at Tamms Vocational School. He was a member of Goodwill Gospel Quartet. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Marilyn Kay Winn Jordan of Tamms; four daughters, Angelic (George) Carpenter of Paducah, Ky., Gayla (Bill) Goins of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Beverly Ford of Cape Girardeau and Natasha (Kraig) Shafer of Tamms; two brothers, Larry Jordan of Tamms and Gerald Jordan of Clay, N.Y.; three sisters, Opal Pullen of Marrero, La., Janet Anderson of Alto Pass, Ill., and Nadine Sadler of Anna, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brent Gordon officiating. Military honors will follow the service by members of Illinois National Guard Burial Team and area veterans. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery near Dongola, Ill.