- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Tractor-trailer wreck backs up I-55 traffic; highway closed while truck removed
A tractor-trailer that turned over on its side hindered traffic on northbound Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau just before noon.
The wreck was near the South Kingshighway exit from I-55. One northbound lane was blocked, and traffic was moving slowly, but picking up speed just before noon, with cars backed up in a long line.
The driver for James A. Smith Transportation Inc. told police she passed out in a coughing fit while driving, according to Cape Girardeau police at the scene. She was driving south and went through the cable barrier, police said.
There's no word yet on her condition.
The crash caused the interstate to be closed in the northbound lanes for about two hours while the wreck was cleared.