- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau woman arrested in connection with Thursday stabbing
Police have arrested a suspect in an early Thursday morning stabbing on Lorimier Street.
Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said police received the call at about 1:40 a.m. They arrived at 324 S. Lorimier St. to discover a woman had been stabbed in the shoulder and the back of the neck. Hickey said the injuries were not life-threatening.
Before police arrived, the suspect fled the scene on foot.
At about 11:30 a.m. police arrested Tanisia R. Dunigan, 25, of Cape Girardeau. Dunigan, who is listed in court records as living at 324 S. Lorimier St., is charged with second-degree domestic assault, with a cash-only bond set at $7,500. Dunigan didn't yet have a lawyer Thursday afternoon, according to online court records. Second-degree domestic assault is committed when a person knowingly or reckelessly causes physical injury to a family or household member, according to Missouri statute.
324 S. Lorimier Street, Cape Girardeau, MO