- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Police: Cape credit union robbed
Cape Girardeau police were looking for a bank robber Wednesday afternoon, after a local credit union reported that a man handed a note to a teller that said he had a gun.
The man entered the Cape Girardeau Regional Credit Union at 2427 Cape Centre Drive at about 3:10 p.m. and demanded money, according to police spokesman Darin Hickey. The robber indicated he had a gun, Hickey said, but bank employees never saw one.
An undetermined amount of cash was handed over to the man, Hickey said, who then fled from the scene, headed west toward Broadview Street.
No one inside the business at the time of the robbery was injured.
The suspect was described as being of a tall and slender build and was wearing all dark clothing with a hooded jacket.
No one was in custody late Wednesday afternoon, Hickey said, though police will continue to investigate the incident.
2427 Cape Centre Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO