- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Holt reenlists in the Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Sgt. Jonathan Holt, of Anna, Ill., recently reenlisted in the Missouri National Guard's 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
Holt, who joined the Guard in 2006, said he was attracted to the service because of the discipline and structure it provides in his life.
"The Guard has provided me with amazing opportunities and friendships," said Holt. "Plus it's a great way to help my community and country."
Holt serves as a quartermaster and chemical equipment repairman for his unit.
"He's a motivated leader and an example for others to follow," said Capt. Carter Roberts, commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company. "He's a great Soldier and I'm proud to have him continue to serve with us."
Holt is a graduate of Anna Jonesboro Community High School. He is supported in his military career by his mother, Sharon Barlow, of Alto Pass, Ill., and his father, Steve Holt, of Puxico, Mo.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/