- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Holt reenlists in the Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Sgt. Jonathan Holt, of Anna, Ill., recently reenlisted in the Missouri National Guard's 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
Holt, who joined the Guard in 2006, said he was attracted to the service because of the discipline and structure it provides in his life.
"The Guard has provided me with amazing opportunities and friendships," said Holt. "Plus it's a great way to help my community and country."
Holt serves as a quartermaster and chemical equipment repairman for his unit.
"He's a motivated leader and an example for others to follow," said Capt. Carter Roberts, commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company. "He's a great Soldier and I'm proud to have him continue to serve with us."
Holt is a graduate of Anna Jonesboro Community High School. He is supported in his military career by his mother, Sharon Barlow, of Alto Pass, Ill., and his father, Steve Holt, of Puxico, Mo.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/