- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Holt reenlists in the Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Sgt. Jonathan Holt, of Anna, Ill., recently reenlisted in the Missouri National Guard's 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
Holt, who joined the Guard in 2006, said he was attracted to the service because of the discipline and structure it provides in his life.
"The Guard has provided me with amazing opportunities and friendships," said Holt. "Plus it's a great way to help my community and country."
Holt serves as a quartermaster and chemical equipment repairman for his unit.
"He's a motivated leader and an example for others to follow," said Capt. Carter Roberts, commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company. "He's a great Soldier and I'm proud to have him continue to serve with us."
Holt is a graduate of Anna Jonesboro Community High School. He is supported in his military career by his mother, Sharon Barlow, of Alto Pass, Ill., and his father, Steve Holt, of Puxico, Mo.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/