- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Holt reenlists in the Missouri National Guard
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Sgt. Jonathan Holt, of Anna, Ill., recently reenlisted in the Missouri National Guard's 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
Holt, who joined the Guard in 2006, said he was attracted to the service because of the discipline and structure it provides in his life.
"The Guard has provided me with amazing opportunities and friendships," said Holt. "Plus it's a great way to help my community and country."
Holt serves as a quartermaster and chemical equipment repairman for his unit.
"He's a motivated leader and an example for others to follow," said Capt. Carter Roberts, commander of the 1140th Forward Support Company. "He's a great Soldier and I'm proud to have him continue to serve with us."
Holt is a graduate of Anna Jonesboro Community High School. He is supported in his military career by his mother, Sharon Barlow, of Alto Pass, Ill., and his father, Steve Holt, of Puxico, Mo.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/