- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Boys Baseball League Registration Open Now in Cape
The City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department began registration for boys baseball leagues on Feb. 4. Registration continues until Friday, March 15.
The baseball leagues are designed for boys who are in between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. The entry fee is $55 for boys ages 5-8, and costs $65 for boys ages 9-12. The entry fee include a uniform shirt, 10 to 12 game season, Babe Ruth League Team registration, and playing equipment.
Registration forms are available at A. C. Brase Arena, Shawnee Park Center, Osage Centre, and online at cityofcape.org/leagues.
Everyone who wishes to play in the league and is between the ages of 9 to 12 years-old must sign up for one of these mandatory skills testing dates.
Saturday, March 16 1-3 p.m. Arena Park Fields 6, 7 and 8
Tuesday, March 19 5:30-7 p.m. Arena Park Fields 6, 7 and 8
Saturday, March 23 1-3 p.m. Arena Park Fields 6, 7 and 8
Tuesday, March 23 5:30-7 p.m. Arena Park Fields 6, 7 and 8
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.