- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Velton Loyd "Pap" Taylor, 68, of Benton died Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 14, 1944, in Morehouse, Mo., to Luner "Rass" and Nettie Pearl Sharkey Taylor. He and Nancy Allene Lemmink were married July 5, 1985.
Taylor was a maintenance man with Bunny Bread for 20 years, then he was owner/operator of an appliance shop in Benton. He was a volunteer firefighter in Morehouse, where he was fire chief four years, and helped organize fundraisers for Christmas gifts for kids and the elderly.
Survivors include his wife, Nancy; a daughter, Jamie (Corey) Casey of Benton; two brothers, Hubert (Joyce) Taylor and James Taylor of Farmersville, Calif.; a grandson, Alex Casey of Benton; a niece, Angie Sisk and fiance Robert Pryor of New York City; a nephew, Troy Sisk; and numerous other nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by four sisters, Rosemary Sisk, Charyl Taylor, Barbara Scott and Betty Wiggins; a brother, Rodger Taylor; mother-in-law, Virginia Lemmink; and brother-in-law, James Lemmink.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until time of service Friday at Amick-Burnett Chapel in Benton.
The funeral will be at noon Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Morse officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery in Morley, Mo.