- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Love and Laughter
With Valentine's Day approaching, many are making plans for the big day. There will be flowers, cards and chocolate. But if you're looking to enhance your marriage or build on your relationship, there's a fun event coming up worth considering.
Pastor and author Ted Cunningham will give his Love and Laughter presentation at 7 p.m. Friday at New McKendree South Campus in Jackson. Tickets are $25 for individuals and $35 for couples.
The Rev. Cunningham, who pastors Woodland Hills Family Church in Branson, Mo., is the author of "Young and In Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage." He's written books with Dr. Gary Smalley and served as a contributor for Focus on the Family, Life Today and Moody Radio.
Cunningham was recently interviewed by the Southeast Missourian. If you missed it in Sunday's Good Times section, we hope you check it out. He offers some good advice for married couples, those dating and for single individuals who hope to be married one day. He told the Southeast Missourian the presentation will provide "lots of laughs and tons of content."
To purchase tickets, call 243-8487 or visit www.newmckendree.org.