- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Love and Laughter
With Valentine's Day approaching, many are making plans for the big day. There will be flowers, cards and chocolate. But if you're looking to enhance your marriage or build on your relationship, there's a fun event coming up worth considering.
Pastor and author Ted Cunningham will give his Love and Laughter presentation at 7 p.m. Friday at New McKendree South Campus in Jackson. Tickets are $25 for individuals and $35 for couples.
The Rev. Cunningham, who pastors Woodland Hills Family Church in Branson, Mo., is the author of "Young and In Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage." He's written books with Dr. Gary Smalley and served as a contributor for Focus on the Family, Life Today and Moody Radio.
Cunningham was recently interviewed by the Southeast Missourian. If you missed it in Sunday's Good Times section, we hope you check it out. He offers some good advice for married couples, those dating and for single individuals who hope to be married one day. He told the Southeast Missourian the presentation will provide "lots of laughs and tons of content."
To purchase tickets, call 243-8487 or visit www.newmckendree.org.