- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Love and Laughter
With Valentine's Day approaching, many are making plans for the big day. There will be flowers, cards and chocolate. But if you're looking to enhance your marriage or build on your relationship, there's a fun event coming up worth considering.
Pastor and author Ted Cunningham will give his Love and Laughter presentation at 7 p.m. Friday at New McKendree South Campus in Jackson. Tickets are $25 for individuals and $35 for couples.
The Rev. Cunningham, who pastors Woodland Hills Family Church in Branson, Mo., is the author of "Young and In Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage." He's written books with Dr. Gary Smalley and served as a contributor for Focus on the Family, Life Today and Moody Radio.
Cunningham was recently interviewed by the Southeast Missourian. If you missed it in Sunday's Good Times section, we hope you check it out. He offers some good advice for married couples, those dating and for single individuals who hope to be married one day. He told the Southeast Missourian the presentation will provide "lots of laughs and tons of content."
To purchase tickets, call 243-8487 or visit www.newmckendree.org.