- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Love and Laughter
With Valentine's Day approaching, many are making plans for the big day. There will be flowers, cards and chocolate. But if you're looking to enhance your marriage or build on your relationship, there's a fun event coming up worth considering.
Pastor and author Ted Cunningham will give his Love and Laughter presentation at 7 p.m. Friday at New McKendree South Campus in Jackson. Tickets are $25 for individuals and $35 for couples.
The Rev. Cunningham, who pastors Woodland Hills Family Church in Branson, Mo., is the author of "Young and In Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage." He's written books with Dr. Gary Smalley and served as a contributor for Focus on the Family, Life Today and Moody Radio.
Cunningham was recently interviewed by the Southeast Missourian. If you missed it in Sunday's Good Times section, we hope you check it out. He offers some good advice for married couples, those dating and for single individuals who hope to be married one day. He told the Southeast Missourian the presentation will provide "lots of laughs and tons of content."
To purchase tickets, call 243-8487 or visit www.newmckendree.org.