- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Love and Laughter
With Valentine's Day approaching, many are making plans for the big day. There will be flowers, cards and chocolate. But if you're looking to enhance your marriage or build on your relationship, there's a fun event coming up worth considering.
Pastor and author Ted Cunningham will give his Love and Laughter presentation at 7 p.m. Friday at New McKendree South Campus in Jackson. Tickets are $25 for individuals and $35 for couples.
The Rev. Cunningham, who pastors Woodland Hills Family Church in Branson, Mo., is the author of "Young and In Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage." He's written books with Dr. Gary Smalley and served as a contributor for Focus on the Family, Life Today and Moody Radio.
Cunningham was recently interviewed by the Southeast Missourian. If you missed it in Sunday's Good Times section, we hope you check it out. He offers some good advice for married couples, those dating and for single individuals who hope to be married one day. He told the Southeast Missourian the presentation will provide "lots of laughs and tons of content."
To purchase tickets, call 243-8487 or visit www.newmckendree.org.