- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Speak Out 2/6/13
The real purpose of those pushing for a public, as opposed to a secret, ballot to choose a nominee to fill Jo Ann Emerson's seat is a plutocratic conspiracy to in all elections eliminate the secret ballot so middle and working-class voters can be intimidated by their employers as in the days before the adoption of the secret ballot.
Why don't high school students ever compete using labor instead of business models? It's the working men and women of the U.S. who have borne the brunt of hard times and have seen no increase in their standard of living for several decades. The computerized models could be used to teach future workers how to organize and bargain collectively for better wages and working conditions. This ability is rapidly becoming extinct and is in desperate need of being re-energized.
Under ordinary circumstances, a relatively few number of voters take part in a congressional primary and their vote is by secret ballot. Now, an even smaller number will vote to determine the nominee to succeed Jo Ann Emerson and they will also vote by secret ballot. Why are Southeast Missourian editor Bob Miller and others raising such a stink about the process?
Thank you, President Obama, for saving capitalism from the capitalists.