- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)3
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)4
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Speak Out 2/6/13
The real purpose of those pushing for a public, as opposed to a secret, ballot to choose a nominee to fill Jo Ann Emerson's seat is a plutocratic conspiracy to in all elections eliminate the secret ballot so middle and working-class voters can be intimidated by their employers as in the days before the adoption of the secret ballot.
Why don't high school students ever compete using labor instead of business models? It's the working men and women of the U.S. who have borne the brunt of hard times and have seen no increase in their standard of living for several decades. The computerized models could be used to teach future workers how to organize and bargain collectively for better wages and working conditions. This ability is rapidly becoming extinct and is in desperate need of being re-energized.
Under ordinary circumstances, a relatively few number of voters take part in a congressional primary and their vote is by secret ballot. Now, an even smaller number will vote to determine the nominee to succeed Jo Ann Emerson and they will also vote by secret ballot. Why are Southeast Missourian editor Bob Miller and others raising such a stink about the process?
Thank you, President Obama, for saving capitalism from the capitalists.