- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Abortion affects others
Editor's note: The following two letters are in response to the Joyce Johns letter to the editor published Jan. 31.
This also is in response to the Johns' response. I ask Johns: Do you ever read the Bible? Immorality does affect everyone sooner or later. Jerusalem is destroyed and carried off into slavery. Why? Because of immoral things like abortion. Yes, this kind of immoral behavior and the acceptance of it by a country can and will destroy our country. I do not know about you, but that will affect me and everyone I know. You need to listen to people like Mr. Beussink for a change.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.