- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Abortion affects others
Editor's note: The following two letters are in response to the Joyce Johns letter to the editor published Jan. 31.
This also is in response to the Johns' response. I ask Johns: Do you ever read the Bible? Immorality does affect everyone sooner or later. Jerusalem is destroyed and carried off into slavery. Why? Because of immoral things like abortion. Yes, this kind of immoral behavior and the acceptance of it by a country can and will destroy our country. I do not know about you, but that will affect me and everyone I know. You need to listen to people like Mr. Beussink for a change.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.