- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Abortion affects others
Editor's note: The following two letters are in response to the Joyce Johns letter to the editor published Jan. 31.
This also is in response to the Johns' response. I ask Johns: Do you ever read the Bible? Immorality does affect everyone sooner or later. Jerusalem is destroyed and carried off into slavery. Why? Because of immoral things like abortion. Yes, this kind of immoral behavior and the acceptance of it by a country can and will destroy our country. I do not know about you, but that will affect me and everyone I know. You need to listen to people like Mr. Beussink for a change.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.