- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Register Now for Cape Girardeau Youth Track Club
Children, ages 6-14 years, can begin signing up for the Youth Track Club (formerly Cape Youth Roadrunners), sponsored by the City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
The club will have practices and compete in meets in Cape Girardeau and surrounding area. Children will get to partake in exciting running and jumping track events including sprints and distance runs.
The club's season will last from March 26 through May 11. Practices will be held from 5:15-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Competitive meets will happen on Thursdays and Ssturdays. Practices and home meets will be held at the Central Junior High track.
Register your child for the Youth Track Club at the A. C. Brase Arena or at the first day of practice, through March 26. The registration cost is $50 for one child with a $5 discount for additional children. Registration includes at least four home meets, three away meets and a t-shirt. Participation in away meets will cost $8 per meet.
Contact Brian Schlichting for more information at 573-334-2031, or visit www.cityofcape.org/leagues.