- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)2
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Register Now for Cape Girardeau Youth Track Club
Children, ages 6-14 years, can begin signing up for the Youth Track Club (formerly Cape Youth Roadrunners), sponsored by the City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
The club will have practices and compete in meets in Cape Girardeau and surrounding area. Children will get to partake in exciting running and jumping track events including sprints and distance runs.
The club's season will last from March 26 through May 11. Practices will be held from 5:15-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Competitive meets will happen on Thursdays and Ssturdays. Practices and home meets will be held at the Central Junior High track.
Register your child for the Youth Track Club at the A. C. Brase Arena or at the first day of practice, through March 26. The registration cost is $50 for one child with a $5 discount for additional children. Registration includes at least four home meets, three away meets and a t-shirt. Participation in away meets will cost $8 per meet.
Contact Brian Schlichting for more information at 573-334-2031, or visit www.cityofcape.org/leagues.