- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Register Now for Cape Girardeau Youth Track Club
Children, ages 6-14 years, can begin signing up for the Youth Track Club (formerly Cape Youth Roadrunners), sponsored by the City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
The club will have practices and compete in meets in Cape Girardeau and surrounding area. Children will get to partake in exciting running and jumping track events including sprints and distance runs.
The club's season will last from March 26 through May 11. Practices will be held from 5:15-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Competitive meets will happen on Thursdays and Ssturdays. Practices and home meets will be held at the Central Junior High track.
Register your child for the Youth Track Club at the A. C. Brase Arena or at the first day of practice, through March 26. The registration cost is $50 for one child with a $5 discount for additional children. Registration includes at least four home meets, three away meets and a t-shirt. Participation in away meets will cost $8 per meet.
Contact Brian Schlichting for more information at 573-334-2031, or visit www.cityofcape.org/leagues.