- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Go Jurassic At the Prehistoric Playday in Cape
Children ages 3 to 5 can learn learn about dinosaurs while having fun at the Prehistoric Playday.
The event will give participating children a chance to socialize with others. Games and other activities will be a part of the event. In addition to dinosaurs, children will learn about other prehistoric animals such as the saber-tooth tiger and wooly mammoth.
The event is from 10 to 11 a.m. Feb. 14 at the Osage Centre. The final day to register is Feb. 8. The cost the enter the event $9 for Cape Girardeau residents, and $10 for non-Cape Girardeau residents. Those interested can register by visiting the Osage Centre at 1625 North Kingshighway, or by calling 573-339-6342.
For more information, contact Recreation Coordinator Stacey Welter at 573-339-6730.
Other upcoming Parks and Recreation events: www.cityofcape.org/recreationevents.