- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)3
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)6
Athletic Hall of Fame 2013 nominations are open
Nominations are being accepted for the Cape Central High School Athletic Hall-of-Fame. Deadline for submission of nominations is 5 P.M., March 31, 2013.
"Nominations should include an accurate and complete resume of the nominee's athletic accomplishments," according to Central Junior High School Athletic Director Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame Coordinator. Nominees may be living or deceased. Coach Kitchen stated information such as All-Conference, All-State and the years the student lettered in sports is needed. Supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition and a few played professionally," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be valuable, too."
Kitchen said that a selection committee will review the nominations and the induction ceremony will take place at Tiger Stadium sometime this fall. The last induction was September 2011, when four individuals and the entire 1964 State Championship Golf Team were inducted.
Coach Kitchen said nominations can be sent to him by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or regular mail at Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers Street, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63701 or to CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison (email@example.com), Central Senior High School, 1000 South Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63703.