- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Athletic Hall of Fame 2013 nominations are open
Nominations are being accepted for the Cape Central High School Athletic Hall-of-Fame. Deadline for submission of nominations is 5 P.M., March 31, 2013.
"Nominations should include an accurate and complete resume of the nominee's athletic accomplishments," according to Central Junior High School Athletic Director Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame Coordinator. Nominees may be living or deceased. Coach Kitchen stated information such as All-Conference, All-State and the years the student lettered in sports is needed. Supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition and a few played professionally," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be valuable, too."
Kitchen said that a selection committee will review the nominations and the induction ceremony will take place at Tiger Stadium sometime this fall. The last induction was September 2011, when four individuals and the entire 1964 State Championship Golf Team were inducted.
Coach Kitchen said nominations can be sent to him by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or regular mail at Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers Street, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63701 or to CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison (email@example.com), Central Senior High School, 1000 South Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63703.