- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Athletic Hall of Fame 2013 nominations are open
Nominations are being accepted for the Cape Central High School Athletic Hall-of-Fame. Deadline for submission of nominations is 5 P.M., March 31, 2013.
"Nominations should include an accurate and complete resume of the nominee's athletic accomplishments," according to Central Junior High School Athletic Director Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame Coordinator. Nominees may be living or deceased. Coach Kitchen stated information such as All-Conference, All-State and the years the student lettered in sports is needed. Supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition and a few played professionally," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be valuable, too."
Kitchen said that a selection committee will review the nominations and the induction ceremony will take place at Tiger Stadium sometime this fall. The last induction was September 2011, when four individuals and the entire 1964 State Championship Golf Team were inducted.
Coach Kitchen said nominations can be sent to him by e-mail (email@example.com) or regular mail at Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers Street, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63701 or to CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison (firstname.lastname@example.org), Central Senior High School, 1000 South Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO, 63703.