- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Meeting for Kelly School District kindergarten parents set for March 7
A meeting for parents of students entering kindergarten in the Kelly School District is scheduled at 6:30 p.m. March 7 at the elementary school gym.
Students must attend. The meeting will consist of a bus ride and school tour, and parents will be given an explanation of kindergarten expectations and a school-supply list. Parents will have the opportunity to schedule a screening appointment for March 19 or 20.
Kindergarten screening is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 19 and 20 in the elementary school library. Children must be 5 years old before Aug. 1 to be eligible and must be present at the screening and meeting. Parents are required to bring their child's immunization record, birth certificate, Social Security number and proof of residence. Appointments may be made after March 7 by calling 573-545-3541.
4035 State Highway 77, Benton, Mo.