- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Mary Alice Moyer, 80, of Advance passed away Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, at Chaffee Nursing Home.
She was born Oct. 1, 1932, in Steele, Mo., daughter of James C. and Maggie Culbertson Cobb. Mary and Harley "Bud" Moyer were married April 12, 1950, in Pocahontas, Ark. Mary was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters and sons-in-law, Debra (Dickie) Graviett of Oran, Mo., and Malia (Steve) Landewee of Cape Girardeau; a brother, David Wayne Cobb of Silverdale, Wash.; four grandchildren, Aaron and Justin Graviett amd Sara and Garrett Landewee; and a great-grandchild, Drake Graviett.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.