- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Robert Lee Fowler, 76, of Advance passed away Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, at his home.
He was born Aug. 22, 1936, in Advance, son of George W. and Bertie D. Pohlman Fowler.
Robert worked as a pipefitter with Local 597 in Chicago for 36 years. He was a member of Advance United Methodist Church. He was a 1954 graduate of Advance High School. Robert was a huge supporter of Advance High School volleyball and basketball teams, and rarely did he miss a game. He loved to cheer on his Hornets.
Robert's two grand-daughters were the joy of his life. He was a giving and loving man, who would help anyone. He always had a smile on his face and kind words to say.
Robert and Gaynell Sims were married Jan. 3, 1958, in Hernando, Miss. She preceded him in death March 9, 2011.
Loving survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Natalie and David Kennedy of Advance; two granddaughters, Madeline and Abigail Kennedy of Advance; a brother, Ralph Fowler of Advance; three sisters, Jewell Umfleet of Springfield, Mo., Mildred Harnes of Advance and Dorothy Jones of Georgetown, Texas; and many other friends and family.
He was preceded in death by three brothers, Donnel, Arley and George Myrle; and two sisters, Ruby and Lucille.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Morgan Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jerry Wiler officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park, with the Advance varsity basketball team as pallbearers.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Stoddard County Children's Home.