- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)3
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
MedAssets Pledges Support to Guard and Reserves
Randy Sparkman, Senior Vice President of Product Management for MedAssets of Cape Girardeau has pledged to support his employees who are members of the National Guard and Army Reserve by signing a Department of Defense Employer Statement of Support.
Joining him in the signing was Sergeant Bonnie (Kate) Hampton of Jackson, an employee of MedAssets and a member of the 383rd Quartermaster Company, United States Army Reserve. Kate has been employed at MedAssets for five years. "My manager is very supportive when it is necessary to leave for military duty". They also appreciate her work and military service. "On Veteran's Day, I received a dozen roses from the ladies in my department."
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, MedAssets helps healthcare organizations to improve financial strength through innovative solutions that enable improved margins, cash flow, quality of care and patient satisfaction. Their website is www.medassets.com.
The Statement of Support confirms that MedAssets joins other employers in pledging that:
* They appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans.
* They fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
* Their managers and supervisors will have the tools they need to effectively manage those employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
* They will continually recognize and support our country's service members and their families in peace, in crises and in war.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense agency and no-cost resource that recognizes supportive employers, informs service members and employers about the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and provides conflict mediation services. The Statement of Support program has been the cornerstone of ESGRs effort to gain and maintain employer support. www.esgr.mil