- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Speak Out 2/4/13
Feed a family
This is regarding the food banks. I was the impoverished mother of a son raising him by myself. He got free lunches and he was ashamed. He said, "Mom, I'm not going to let everyone know I'm poor." You should consider these children family. Make a better effort than donating. Take a night a week and feed a family, it would be like Christmas.
I would like to give an acknowledgment to Shalia V. and the evening staff at Fazoli's for finding my iPhone that I had left there, for keeping it safe, tracking me down and letting me know it was found. Always nice to see that honesty in folks these days.
They talk about America, the land of the free. By the time Obama is done with his next four years, we won't have any freedom. Read the books and you'll know the freedoms that will be taken away a little at a time. Beware.
I was under the impression we hired Obama as a president not a dictator. All I hear is if we don't do things the way he wants to, he'll use the executive privilege. He doesn't take into account the House and Senate, and he just does what he wants. I think we have a problem that one person is trying to tell everyone what to do.
For those of you who support justice and criminals paying for their crimes, please read, "Man gets probation in burglary spree" and "Cape man gets probation in attack." You may want to contact Judge Lewis and the prosecuting attorney's office and ask why these criminals are not brought to justice. And liberals wonder why we feel the need to arm ourselves to protect our homes and families.
Corps leaves work
I don't care what the PR said for the Corps of Engineers. They blew up over 2 miles of levee in the spring of 2011. They promised to fix everything they damaged. They have not rebuilt the levee to its previous height, have not fixed the county road that was on top of the levee or reseeded the side with grass. They have not fixed the bridge they washed away, they have not connected the county roads that were connected, they have not gotten the job done. It's 2013, and they haven't gotten the job done. They got some good PR, but they haven't gotten the job done.
Guns and abortion
If Mr. Obama is so concerned about the children, why doesn't he do something about the 4,400 a day murdered by abortion?
Guns and plows
I have been told that Thomas Jefferson said, "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who do not."
I can't believe the mayor is so worried about the federal building when at the beginning of Broadway are the Esquire and Broadway theaters that are ugly and need to be torn down.
It's shocking to me that Reince Priebus was re-elected to head the Republican National Committee. What is even more mind blowing is that Priebus ran unopposed.