- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Speak Out 2/4/13
Feed a family
This is regarding the food banks. I was the impoverished mother of a son raising him by myself. He got free lunches and he was ashamed. He said, "Mom, I'm not going to let everyone know I'm poor." You should consider these children family. Make a better effort than donating. Take a night a week and feed a family, it would be like Christmas.
I would like to give an acknowledgment to Shalia V. and the evening staff at Fazoli's for finding my iPhone that I had left there, for keeping it safe, tracking me down and letting me know it was found. Always nice to see that honesty in folks these days.
They talk about America, the land of the free. By the time Obama is done with his next four years, we won't have any freedom. Read the books and you'll know the freedoms that will be taken away a little at a time. Beware.
I was under the impression we hired Obama as a president not a dictator. All I hear is if we don't do things the way he wants to, he'll use the executive privilege. He doesn't take into account the House and Senate, and he just does what he wants. I think we have a problem that one person is trying to tell everyone what to do.
For those of you who support justice and criminals paying for their crimes, please read, "Man gets probation in burglary spree" and "Cape man gets probation in attack." You may want to contact Judge Lewis and the prosecuting attorney's office and ask why these criminals are not brought to justice. And liberals wonder why we feel the need to arm ourselves to protect our homes and families.
Corps leaves work
I don't care what the PR said for the Corps of Engineers. They blew up over 2 miles of levee in the spring of 2011. They promised to fix everything they damaged. They have not rebuilt the levee to its previous height, have not fixed the county road that was on top of the levee or reseeded the side with grass. They have not fixed the bridge they washed away, they have not connected the county roads that were connected, they have not gotten the job done. It's 2013, and they haven't gotten the job done. They got some good PR, but they haven't gotten the job done.
Guns and abortion
If Mr. Obama is so concerned about the children, why doesn't he do something about the 4,400 a day murdered by abortion?
Guns and plows
I have been told that Thomas Jefferson said, "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who do not."
I can't believe the mayor is so worried about the federal building when at the beginning of Broadway are the Esquire and Broadway theaters that are ugly and need to be torn down.
It's shocking to me that Reince Priebus was re-elected to head the Republican National Committee. What is even more mind blowing is that Priebus ran unopposed.