- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. Monday
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
|* Tangible results report: major construction projects|
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Agenda review
Items for discussion
* Legal actions, litigation and confidential communications with legal counsel pursuant to RSMo.
Regular session, 7 p.m.
* Proclamation: Thank a Farmer week
* City council
* City manager
* A public hearing to consider a request to rezone property at 170 S. Kingshighway.
* Approval of the Jan. 17 City Council special session meeting minutes and the Jan. 22 regular and closed sessions meeting minutes.
|* An ordinance approving the record plat of Russell Subdivision.|
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Walden Park Phase 3.
* An ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a federal aid supplemental agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for the extension of the Riverwalk Trail.
* An ordinance amending the city code, by repealing the establishment of a one-way street along a portion of Spanish Street.
* An ordinance amending the city code, by repealing no parking anytime along a portion of Spanish Street.
* An ordinance appropriating funds for operating expenditures, capital expenditures and transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a letter of agreement with Southeast Missouri State University to prepare a historic resource survey.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a general services agreement with FGM Architects Inc. for a facility assessment of the police station headquarters.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Zoellner Construction Co. Inc. for the Air Traffic Control Tower Renovation Phase I.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Markey and Associates for the expansion of Cape Splash expansion consulting and design services.
|* Accept improvements to the Cape Girardeau floodwall: Themis Street closure structure repair and authorize final payment to Nip Kelley Equipment Co. Inc.|
* Accept improvements under the 2012 Sidewalk Gap Program and authorize final payment to Lappe Cement Finishing Inc.
Items removed from consent agenda
* An ordinance appropriating moneys for capital expenditures from the casino revenue fund for the fiscal year ending June 30.
* An ordinance amending the code of ordinances by rezoning 170 S. Kingshighway.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Woodland Place Subdivision No.10.
* An ordinance amending the city code, relating to the town crier position.
* An ordinance amending the city code and by repealing the board of examiners, and enacting new sections regarding processing of applications.