- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
We quizzed local animal lovers and pet professionals about the best places to hang with our furry friends. Do you know of other places? Spread the word on our Flourish Facebook page!
> Many banks, including First State Community Bank, give treats to pets at the drive-thru window.
> Stop by Andy's Frozen Custard for dessert, and a free doggie cone, too.
Pets welcome in outdoor seating areas:
> Beef O'Brady's
> Bel Air Grill
> Cup 'N' Cork
> Hunter Valley Winery
> McAlister's Deli
> Pasta House
> River Ridge Winery
Traveling with pets:
> Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
> Candlewood Suites
> Drury Lodge/Drury Suites: Allow pets to stay and also give dog treats to guests who check in with pets
> Hampton Inn and Suites
> Pear Tree Inn
> Super 8 Motel
> Town House Inn
To pamper your pooch:
> Busch Pet Products: Of course pets are welcome, but Busch also has dog wash/spa stations and special events like pet portraits, seminars on health and obedience, and the Bow Wow Luau coming up July 7.
> Mississippi Mutts: Pet store with dog wash stations, fresh-baked treats, info seminars and more.
> PetCo: Puppy playtime every weekend, Q&A sessions on topics like potty training and obedience, plus grooming, costume parades and more.