- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
We quizzed local animal lovers and pet professionals about the best places to hang with our furry friends. Do you know of other places? Spread the word on our Flourish Facebook page!
> Many banks, including First State Community Bank, give treats to pets at the drive-thru window.
> Stop by Andy's Frozen Custard for dessert, and a free doggie cone, too.
Pets welcome in outdoor seating areas:
> Beef O'Brady's
> Bel Air Grill
> Cup 'N' Cork
> Hunter Valley Winery
> McAlister's Deli
> Pasta House
> River Ridge Winery
Traveling with pets:
> Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
> Candlewood Suites
> Drury Lodge/Drury Suites: Allow pets to stay and also give dog treats to guests who check in with pets
> Hampton Inn and Suites
> Pear Tree Inn
> Super 8 Motel
> Town House Inn
To pamper your pooch:
> Busch Pet Products: Of course pets are welcome, but Busch also has dog wash/spa stations and special events like pet portraits, seminars on health and obedience, and the Bow Wow Luau coming up July 7.
> Mississippi Mutts: Pet store with dog wash stations, fresh-baked treats, info seminars and more.
> PetCo: Puppy playtime every weekend, Q&A sessions on topics like potty training and obedience, plus grooming, costume parades and more.