- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)6
We quizzed local animal lovers and pet professionals about the best places to hang with our furry friends. Do you know of other places? Spread the word on our Flourish Facebook page!
> Many banks, including First State Community Bank, give treats to pets at the drive-thru window.
> Stop by Andy's Frozen Custard for dessert, and a free doggie cone, too.
Pets welcome in outdoor seating areas:
> Beef O'Brady's
> Bel Air Grill
> Cup 'N' Cork
> Hunter Valley Winery
> McAlister's Deli
> Pasta House
> River Ridge Winery
Traveling with pets:
> Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
> Candlewood Suites
> Drury Lodge/Drury Suites: Allow pets to stay and also give dog treats to guests who check in with pets
> Hampton Inn and Suites
> Pear Tree Inn
> Super 8 Motel
> Town House Inn
To pamper your pooch:
> Busch Pet Products: Of course pets are welcome, but Busch also has dog wash/spa stations and special events like pet portraits, seminars on health and obedience, and the Bow Wow Luau coming up July 7.
> Mississippi Mutts: Pet store with dog wash stations, fresh-baked treats, info seminars and more.
> PetCo: Puppy playtime every weekend, Q&A sessions on topics like potty training and obedience, plus grooming, costume parades and more.