- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)28
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
We quizzed local animal lovers and pet professionals about the best places to hang with our furry friends. Do you know of other places? Spread the word on our Flourish Facebook page!
> Many banks, including First State Community Bank, give treats to pets at the drive-thru window.
> Stop by Andy's Frozen Custard for dessert, and a free doggie cone, too.
Pets welcome in outdoor seating areas:
> Beef O'Brady's
> Bel Air Grill
> Cup 'N' Cork
> Hunter Valley Winery
> McAlister's Deli
> Pasta House
> River Ridge Winery
Traveling with pets:
> Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
> Candlewood Suites
> Drury Lodge/Drury Suites: Allow pets to stay and also give dog treats to guests who check in with pets
> Hampton Inn and Suites
> Pear Tree Inn
> Super 8 Motel
> Town House Inn
To pamper your pooch:
> Busch Pet Products: Of course pets are welcome, but Busch also has dog wash/spa stations and special events like pet portraits, seminars on health and obedience, and the Bow Wow Luau coming up July 7.
> Mississippi Mutts: Pet store with dog wash stations, fresh-baked treats, info seminars and more.
> PetCo: Puppy playtime every weekend, Q&A sessions on topics like potty training and obedience, plus grooming, costume parades and more.