- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Boil-water order for Egypt Mills in place until today
A boil-water order has been issued for the Egypt Mills area because of low pressure in the water supply.
According to Judy Foeste, president of Public Water District No. 5, the boil-water order was issued Thursday afternoon when the low pressure was discovered. Low pressure can cause a back flow, which can contaminate the water supply, but Foeste stressed that there has been no contamination found in Egypt Mills water. The boil-water order was issued only as a precaution, she said.
The order is expected to remain in place until today. For more information, contact the water district office at 388-4800.
6867 Highway 177, Cape Girardeau, Mo.