- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Burford - Buhler
BENTON, Mo. -- Lenny and Jane Burford of Benton announce the engagement of their daughter, Janessa Lynne Burford, to Charlie Buhler, both of Cocoa Beach, Fla. He is the son of Charles Buhler of Cape Canaveral, Fla., and Maureen McNeil of New Port Richey, Fla.
Burford is a graduate of Kelly High School. She received a bachelor's degree in engineering physics from Southeast Missouri State University, and is pursuing a graduate degree in physics from the University of Central Florida. She is an electrical engineer with NASA at Kennedy Space Center.
Buhler received a bachelor's degree in engineering physics from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Fla., and a Ph.D. in physics from Florida State University. He owns a consulting company where he works for ExxonMobil, and also works with a startup nanotechnology company, Poly-Adaptive.
A May 31, 2013, wedding is planned in Cocoa Beach.