- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Son to Melvin Dewayne Anderson III and Shyla Ann Croney of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 8:45 a.m. Monday, Dec. 17, 2012. Name, Austen Michael. Weight, 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Third son. Ms. Croney is the daughter of Johnny Croney of Poplar Bluff and Angela Davis of Bloomfield, Mo. Anderson is the son of Donna Hendershott of Advance, Mo., and Melvin Anderson Jr. of Williamsville, Mo.
Son to Jimmy Ryan Simmons and Cassondra Nicole Tackett of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 8:52 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013. Name, Rylan Anthony. Weight, 5 pounds, 9 ounces. Ms. Tackett is the daughter of Kay Pruitt of Cape Girardeau. Simmons is the son of Jimmy and Crystal Simmons Jr. of Olive Branch, Ill., and Laura Carter of Phoenix, Ariz. He is employed by Little Caesars Pizza.
Son to Charles David Medlock and Amanda Kay Scherer of Benton, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 5:58 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, 2013. Name, Bentley James. Weight, 8 pounds, 8 ounces. Fourth child, third son. Ms. Scherer is the daughter of Randy and Judy Scherer of Benton. Medlock is the son of Mike Medlock of Wyatt, Mo., and Tammy Snider of Diehlstadt, Mo. He is a welder at Butler Machine and Welding.
Daughter to Samantha J. Carpenter of Benton Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 8:39 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013. Name, Briella Skye. Weight, 9 pounds, 13 ounces. First child. Ms. Carpenter is the former Samantha Gray, daughter of Delena Thomas of Benton.
Son to Michael Lynn Spies and Bobbie Jo Jones of Scott City, Saint Francis Medical Center, 6:13 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21, 2013. Name, Austin Ray. Weight, 7 pounds, 15 ounces. Third son. Ms. Jones is the daughter of Teresa Jones of Cape Girardeau. She is employed by Southeast Hospital. Spies is the son of Raymond and Nancy Spies of Chaffee, Mo. He is employed by Apex Paving and at Saint Francis.
Daughter to Brittney Nicole Mayberry and Cody Don Abernathy of Sedgewickville, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 10:55 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21, 2013. Name, Brylee Nicole. Weight, 7 pounds, 1 ounce. Second child, first daughter. Ms. Mayberry is the daughter of Brad and Ena Mayberry of Sedgewickville. Abernathy is the son of Gary Don Abernathy of Marble Hill, Mo., and Patsy Birk of Gordonville. He is a fence builder.