- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
University foundation receives endowment for entrepreneurial programs
The Southeast Missouri University Foundation has a new endowment for entrepreneurial programs, according to a release sent by the university.
The Leonard R. Ruzicka Sr. Program in Entrepreneurial Excellence was established through an endowment from Ruzicka's wife, Ludeane "Lu" Ruzicka of Savannah, Ga. Lu Ruzicka, a Southeast alumna, donated over $100,000 for the purposes of support, encouragement and promotion of co-curricular and extracurricular activities and programming through the Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Earnings from the endowment will go toward activities that help develop entrepreneurial mindset among students. For more information, visit www.semo.edu.
Pertinent address: Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, Mo.