- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Barbara "Bobbi" Foster Halter, 89, of Delta was called home by Jesus to her mansion in the sky Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, surrounded by her loved ones.
She was born July 15, 1923, in Delta to Will and Anne Leta Ashby Foster. Bobbi married Eugene Halter Dec. 25, 1945. He preceded her in death Aug. 31, 1998.
She was a member of the Church of God in Delta and Delta Senior Citizens.
Survivors include a daughter, Patricia Haley of Mountain Home, Ark.; four grandchildren, Amber Chaney of Kalamazoo, Mich., Deanna Clipper of Mountain Home, Christina Martin of Scott City and Mignon Chidester of Cabot, Ark.; 19 great-grandchildren; 16 great-great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
She also was preceded in death by a daughter, Marjorie Jenkerson; a grandson, Kevin Clipper; three brothers, Everett, John LeRoy and Vernon Foster; and two sisters, Gertie and Kitty Foster.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Friday at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Bertha Boyd officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance, Mo.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the Church of God in Delta.