- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
The following students earned scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2013-2014 academic year:
* Charity Collier, of Marble Hill, Mo., was awarded the Community College Scholarship. She is the daughter of Charles and Sherri Collier of Marble Hill, and will graduate from Collier Christian Home School in Marble Hill.
* Adam Cooksey of Matthews, Mo., was awarded the Residence Life Leadership Award. He is the son of Jim Cooksey of Matthews and Jennifer Howard of Sikeston, and will graduate from New Madrid County Central High School in New Madrid.
* James Hines Jr. of Sikeston, Mo., was awarded the University Scholarship. He is the son of James Hines of Rose Haven, Md., and Gina Holt of Sikeston, and will graduate from Sikeston High School.
* Lauren Mann of Oak Ridge, was awarded the Regents' Scholarship. She is the daughter of Andy and Mary Ann Mann of Oak Ridge, and will graduate from Jackson Senior High School.
* Steven Eddy of Jackson, was awarded the President's Scholarship. He is the son of Jeff and Leesa Eddy of Jackson, and will graduate from Jackson Senior High School.
* Levi Murphy of Jackson, was awarded the University Scholarship and Residence Life Leadership Award. He is the son of David and Rhonda Murphy of Jackson, and will graduate from Jackson Senior High School.
* Lindsey Noland of Jackson, was awarded the University Scholarship and Residence Life Leadership Award. She is the daughter of Jesse and Eva Kinder of Jackson, and will graduate from Jackson Senior High School.
* Kaitlin Northern of Zalma, Mo., was awarded the University Scholarship and Residence Life Leadership Award. She is the daughter of Pat Northern of Zalma and the late Ray Northern, and will graduate from Zalma High School.
* Justin Thurman of Jackson, was awarded the University Scholarship. He is the son of Jeff and Kristi Thurman of Jackson and Sherry and Rick Rogers of Alton, Mo, and will graduate from Jackson Senior High School.
* William Rider of Anna, Ill., was awarded the Regents' Scholarship. He is the son of Gary and Dawn Rider of Anna, and will graduate from Anna-Jonesboro Community High School.
Frangello earns scholarships
Michael Anthony Frangello III of Carterville, Ill., freshman at Southeast, earned the Golden Eagles Band Scholarship, Music Workshop Scholarship, Student Services Scholarship Award, Foundation Leader Award and Regional Achievement Award-MSEP. Frangello is majoring in music education and music performance.
March earns nursing scholarship
Eleisha Renae March of Doniphan, Mo., was awarded the Madduri Scholarship at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff. March is a fourth-semester nursing student at Three Rivers.
Venable recognized by Woodland
Woodland school district recognized longtime music teacher Susan Venable. Venable was one of the first band instructors at Woodland and helped organize the school band in 1952. She taught all band instruments, choir, elementary music and more.
Miles completes master's degree
Brad Miles of Cape Girardeau, earned a masters in divinity degree from Hardin-Simmons University. Miles is worship arts pastor of LaCroix Church in Cape Girardeau.
Area students earn honors at McKendree University
Two area students earned honors at McKendree University, in Lebanon, Ill., for the fall 2012 semester.
* Meghan Dohogne of Cape Girardeau, was name to the president's list. Dohogne maintained a 4.0 grade-point average.
* Emma Basler of Anna, Ill., was named to the dean's list. Basler is a sophomore and maintained a grade-point average of 3.60 or higher.
McFadden earns presidential citation
Daniel McFadden of Fredericktown, Mo., received the President's Citation at Missouri Baptist University, in St, Louis, Mo., for the 2012 summer semester.
Felter graduates with honors
Laura Kathryn Felter of Benton, Mo., graduated summa cum laude from the University of Missouri Columbia with a degree in agribusiness management and minor in plant sciences. She is the daughter of Zeno "Sam" and Jolene Felter of Benton, and employed as a developmental sales representative with Syngenta Crop Protection LLC., in Ogallala, Neb.
Hemman named to honor's list
Nicole Hemmann, of Jackson, was named to the Concordia University, in Seward, Neb., honors list for the fall 2012 semester.