- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Cape businessman pleads guilty to food-stamp fraud (05/17/16)14
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Suspected drunk driver facing felony charges after couple dies in crash (05/16/16)
Speak Out 1/31/13
I'm outraged at the university's plans to demolish the handball court, the oldest of its kind in the country. Their halfhearted plan to preserve some of the bricks is a joke. If the university had saved some of the bricks from every other historic landmark they've destroyed over the decades, they would probably have enough material to build a dam across the Mississippi by now.
As Missouri joins Kansas and other states in a race to the bottom to see who can cut corporate income taxes the most, ordinary Missourians will pay the price for this scam and social services for citizens will become virtually nonexistent.
Cut water bills
As city officials try to spend the casino money, it should be for something that will benefit all the citizens. How about taking the trash fee off our water bills? This would help everyone. Please do not waste money on nonessential items like a dog park.