- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Speak Out 1/31/13
I'm outraged at the university's plans to demolish the handball court, the oldest of its kind in the country. Their halfhearted plan to preserve some of the bricks is a joke. If the university had saved some of the bricks from every other historic landmark they've destroyed over the decades, they would probably have enough material to build a dam across the Mississippi by now.
As Missouri joins Kansas and other states in a race to the bottom to see who can cut corporate income taxes the most, ordinary Missourians will pay the price for this scam and social services for citizens will become virtually nonexistent.
Cut water bills
As city officials try to spend the casino money, it should be for something that will benefit all the citizens. How about taking the trash fee off our water bills? This would help everyone. Please do not waste money on nonessential items like a dog park.