- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Ferry to resume operations today
DORENA, Mo. -- The Dorena-Hickman Ferry has halted operations because of wind. The ferry shut down upon reaching the Kentucky shore about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Capt. Ed Floyd expects the ferry to be able to reopen to traffic today.
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connects Kentucky Highway 1354 at Hickman, Ky., with Missouri Route A and Highway 77 near Dorena, Mo.
For more information on the ferry and a schedule of operating hours, go to dorena-hickmanferryboat.com. Motorists also can check on the ferry's operating status by calling 731-693-0210.