- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
The left offers selective outrage
I have two grown children and three grandchildren, ages 5 through 9. I can't grasp what the parents of Sandy Hook or Aurora, Colo., or any other mass killing are feeling; it's inconceivable to me what they are going through.
But at the same time, I'm hearing all of the cries for more gun control on law abiding citizens who have done nothing wrong.
The left can find wording in the Constitution that it's OK to kill an unborn child, but they can't seem to understand "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," which is actually in it.
Where is the left's moral outrage for the millions of unborn children killed by abortion over the last 40 years?
All life is sacred, especially the most innocent among us. Don't equate my ability to defend the lives of my family to that of doctors who kill babies in the womb.
The left's selective moral outrage is twisted; they are such hypocrites. Don't tell me how I can defend my family, living or unborn.
How about "abortion tool control." Think the left would support that? If women have the right to kill unborn children, then by God I have the right to keep and bear arms, including high capacity magazines.
The left is an inspiration to those of us who cherish "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
Thomas Jefferson said: "The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants." I will not comply.
TODD BEUSSINK, Jackson