- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Doctor to speak on health-care reform
The Cape Girardeau County Republican Women's Club will hear from a doctor about what he sees as the negative effects of the health-care reform law.
The club will meet at noon Friday at Dexter Bar-B-Que in Cape Girardeau, and the program is open to the public. Dr. H.L. Schneider Jr. is a physician with Gastroenterology Associates of Southeast Missouri and has practiced in the area since 1991. He calls the health-care reform law, commonly derided as Obamacare, as "the worst legislation Congress ever passed," according to a news release from the club.
For more information, contact Holly Lintner at 200-4073 or email@example.com.
236 S. Broadview St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.