- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Missouri man sentenced on meth charges in Illinois
JONESBORO, Ill. -- A Doniphan, Mo., man was sentenced in Union County on methamphetamine and obstructing justice charges.
William D. Ray, 37, was sentenced to seven years in prison on one felony count of unlawful possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute and one felony count of obstructing justice, according to a news release from Union County State's Attorney Tyler R. Edmonds.
Ray was arrested in November after a traffic stop when he was found to be in possession of methamphetamine. He fled on foot into nearby woods and was taken into custody.