- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sikeston woman charged with DWI after wreck near Benton
A 24-year-old Sikeston, Mo., woman was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated after her Monte Carlo travelled off the right side of the road early Sunday and hit a dirt embankment along Interstate 55.
Katherine L. Ray is charged with driving while intoxicated, carless driving and for not wearing her seat belt in an arrest in which she was released shortly after for medical treatment.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol's crash reports, Ray was driving south on I-55 about a mile north of Benton, Mo., at the time of the crash. She was taken to a hospital in Cape Girardeau, where she was listed Sunday with moderate injuries.