- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Nora Elizabeth Crosnoe, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Dec. 17, 1917, in Cape Girardeau, to Anton and Rosa Schott Geringer. She and Goly V. Crosnoe were married April 16, 1937. He died May 26, 1967.
Nora was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Council of Catholic Women, Saint Francis Medical Center Auxiliary and VFW Post 3838 Auxiliary, and she was a former volunteer at Teen Challenge Thrift Store. She worked as a decorator for Crosnoe Construction Co.
Survivors include three sons, Cliff Crosnoe (Sally Ann), Paul Crosnoe (Jo Ellen) and Jay Crosnoe (Linda), all of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren, Timothy Crosnoe (Kristen), Steven Crosnoe (Linnie), Cory Crosnoe (Janna), Rex Crosnoe (Nikki), Tom Crosnoe (Michelle), Dena Stoelb (Matt) and Michelle Long; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three brothers, Rupert, Gilbert and Walter Geringer; and a sister, Ida Dohogne.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Seyer officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to Notre Dame High School Foundation, 265 Notre Dame Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or Teen Challenge International Mid-America, P.O. Box 1089, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.