- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Young Life and Love INC to hold events this week
For those passionate about local faith-based ministries, there are a couple of events this week to consider attending.
Southeast Missouri Young Life will hold its annual fundraiser from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Concourse Building, 429 N. Broadview St. in Cape Girardeau. This year's theme is Backstage Pass, and the event will feature student testimonies.
Bill Reazer, Young Life area director, will outline the organization's five-year strategic plan, which, according to a story in Sunday's Southeast Missourian, will include expanding to communities around Cape Girardeau.
There is no cost to attend, but donations will be accepted. Reservations may be made by calling Reazer at 587-6116.
If you enjoy contemporary praise music, you'll want to consider attending the Love in the Name of Christ Jammin' for Jesus Benefit Concert starting at 6 p.m. Friday at La Croix Church in Cape Girardeau. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Tickets are $10 at LifeWay and the Love INC offices. They may also be purchased online for $12.50 at www.loveincsemo.org/news or $15 at the door. Bands from several local churches will perform. If you can't attend but still would like to support the ministry or provide scholarship tickets for area youth, call 334-5055.
Young Life is an effective outreach to young people. While some of its students are active in church and Bible study outside the organization, many are not. The volunteers have a passion for sharing their faith and building meaningful relationships that bring hope and encouragement to young people. Students use the organization's events as a way to share their faith with friends.
Love INC has volunteers from area churches. It seeks to address the physical and spiritual needs of those struggling. The staff and volunteers take a variety of practical steps in the ministry.
Young Life and Love INC are two of many area faith-based outreaches. Please consider these opportunities to support them.
We offer our thanks to all those who put their faith into action, looking beyond themselves to minister to others. You do important work with eternal significance.