- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Speak Out 1/28/13
Smoke and mirrors
It's not surprising that Obama is trying to play the smoke-and-mirrors game that his gun control will solve all problems. It is frightening that he shares the liberal perspective on life that everyone should have the freedom to do whatever they want like marry who they want, abort who they want, but here lies the hypocrisy when it comes to something that liberals despise, like guns. They all continue be ignorant of the fact that guns do not go into schools or theaters and kill. It takes a mentally ill person to do that horrible thing. They use terrible things that happen to further their agenda.
1. Why would a law-abiding citizen object to the wider use of background checks? Inconvenience? 2. Of what use, or to fill what need is the availability of assault rifles necessary? 3. Other than convenience, why would anyone need a magazine with more than 10 rounds in it?
I just made my annual trip to the IRS to pick up forms. I'm always amazed the IRS gives these forms out for free and people go to office stores to buy them. Why do you buy forms? Good day.
I am so proud. I agree with the analyst who said President Obama's second inaugural address was on a par with the second inaugural address of President Abraham Lincoln.
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Some guns do nothing more than allow people to kill dozens of random people at a time with a slight movement of the index finger.