- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Speak Out 1/28/13
Smoke and mirrors
It's not surprising that Obama is trying to play the smoke-and-mirrors game that his gun control will solve all problems. It is frightening that he shares the liberal perspective on life that everyone should have the freedom to do whatever they want like marry who they want, abort who they want, but here lies the hypocrisy when it comes to something that liberals despise, like guns. They all continue be ignorant of the fact that guns do not go into schools or theaters and kill. It takes a mentally ill person to do that horrible thing. They use terrible things that happen to further their agenda.
1. Why would a law-abiding citizen object to the wider use of background checks? Inconvenience? 2. Of what use, or to fill what need is the availability of assault rifles necessary? 3. Other than convenience, why would anyone need a magazine with more than 10 rounds in it?
I just made my annual trip to the IRS to pick up forms. I'm always amazed the IRS gives these forms out for free and people go to office stores to buy them. Why do you buy forms? Good day.
I am so proud. I agree with the analyst who said President Obama's second inaugural address was on a par with the second inaugural address of President Abraham Lincoln.
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Some guns do nothing more than allow people to kill dozens of random people at a time with a slight movement of the index finger.