- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Emerson introduced bills before leaving office
A check of Congressional bill introductions shows former U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson filed several before her final day in office Jan. 22.
Among legislation introduced by Emerson are bills that would establish spending caps for federal conference and travel expenditures; provide for the placement of certain synthetic drugs on Schedule I under the Controlled Substances Act; and support Inspector General oversight for federal entities.
All three bills were referred to House committees for review before Emerson left office. She resigned to become president and CEO of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.