- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man gets life in sex abuse case
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis man has been sentenced to life in prison for sexually abusing five young girls.
The sentence was imposed Friday against 67-year-old Robert Baker. Prosecutors say the victims were ages 8 to 13 when the abuse was reported.
Baker's November jury trial ended with him being found guilty on six felony counts of child molestation and two felony counts of statutory sodomy.
Baker was convicted in 1999 of statutory rape.