- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
O'FALLON, Mo. -- Betty Jane Shackles, 86, of O'Fallon passed away Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, at Barathaven Assisted Living in St. Charles County, Mo.
She was born May 27, 1926, in Cape Girardeau to Ernie and Sophia Hahs Points. She and Leonard Bailey Shackles of Chaffee, Mo., were married Sept. 8, 1945.
Leonard and Betty resided in St. Louis County for many years. Betty was a homemaker and a member of St. John's United Church of Christ in O'Fallon. They were married 66 years when Leonard passed away March 25, 2012.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Nancy Wade of O'Fallon; a granddaughter, Stacey (Donald) King of O'Fallon; three great-grandchildren, Kassandra, Mason and Samantha King of O'Fallon; and many nieces, nephews and their families.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents; and a sister, Nellie Schwab; and two brothers, Norman Stroder and Gene Points, all of Cape Girardeau.
A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. John Silea officiating.
Memorials are suggested to St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.