- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Thekla S. Mueller, 88, of Perryville died Jan. 26, 2013, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
She was born Dec. 5, 1924, in Farrar, Mo., daughter of Ernst H. and Bertha K. Luehrs Mueller.
Thekla did office work for Brown Shoe Co. in Clayton, Mo. She was baptized and confirmed at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar. She taught Sunday school and sang in the church choir in St. Ann, Mo.
Survivors include one brother, Armin Mueller of Perryville; five sisters, Oneida Mahnken of Steelville, Ill., Eunice Roth of Frohna, Mo., and Mildred Bachmann, Florence Steffens and Elinor Roth, all of Perryville; 43 nieces and nephews; and many great-nieces and great-nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Erwin Mueller; two sisters, Esther Bachmann and Agnes Martin; and three nephews.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 a.m. until time of the service Wednesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery in Perryville.
Memorials are preferred to Lutheran Hour Ministries.