- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Riley - McCrate
Rachel Kent Riley and Christopher Mathew McCrate were married June 23, 2012, at First United Methodist Church in Kirksville, Mo. Richard Northcutt performed the ceremony. Organist was Diantha Cable and flutist was Kate Krebs, both of Kirksville. Vocalists were Kate Eagen of Kirksville and Sarah Riley of Columbia, Mo., sisters of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Rick and Shirley Riley of Kirksville. The groom is the son of Mike and Mary Kay McCrate of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Sarah Riley and matron of honor was Kate Eagen. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Kent of Kirksville, cousin of the bride, and Kristina Moran of Chicago.
Joe McCrate of Austin, Texas, and Nick McCrate of Jackson, brothers of the groom, were best men. Groomsman was Doug Overby of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Corey Eagen of Kirksville, brother-in-law of the bride; Greg Cox of Columbia; Will Parrish of San Marcos, Texas, and Mark Anderson of Paducah, Ky., both cousins of the groom.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Brooke and Tyler Scheidler, children of Jeff and Heidi Scheidler of St. Louis and cousins of the bride.
The dinner and dance reception was held at Truman State University Ballroom in Kirksville.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 22 at Kirksville Country Club.
Mrs. McCrate is an attorney with the law firm of Gray, Stefani & Mitvalsky in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The groom is an aerospace engineer with Rockwell Collins in Cedar Rapids.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple is residing in Cedar Rapids.