- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cook - Sugden
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Sarah Marie Cook and Jared Bannister Sugden were married Aug. 4, 2012, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The Rev. Randolph Tochtrop performed the ceremony. Lectors were Rebecca Cook of Chaffee, sister of the bride, and Carla Hancock of Jefferson City, Mo., cousin and godmother of the bride. Offertory gift bearers were John C. and Sharon Brucker of Chaffee, uncle and aunt of the bride, and Kevin Brucker of Sullivan, Mo., uncle and godfather of the bride.
Organist was Betty Vandeven of Chaffee, and guitarist was Matthew Carlton of Imperial, Mo., brother-in-law of the bride. Soloists were Donna Hess of Chaffee, Sheila Eby of Whitewater, and Matthew Carlton.
The bride is the daughter of Kenneth and Diane Cook of Chaffee. The groom is the son of Brent and Teresa Sugden of Argenta, Ill.
Maid of honor was Rebecca Cook and matron of honor was Erin Carlton of Imperial, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Marianne Cook of Jackson, sister of the bride, and Katie Brucker of Chaffee, cousin of the bride.
Andrew Boleyn of Warrensburg, Ill., was best man. Groomsmen were Matthew Hawk of Decatur, Ill.; Kade Connell of Stillman Valley, Ill., and Dewayne Sorg of South Beloit, Ill., both cousins of the groom. Ushers were Matthew Brucker of Chaffee, cousin of the bride, and Robert Trimble of Urbana, Ill., brother-in-law of the groom.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 3 at Buckner Brewing Co. in Cape Girardeau.
The bride is a 2005 graduate of Delta High School. She received a degree in animal science from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2009. She is employed in human resources at Rose Acre Farms in Hawk Point, Mo.
The groom is a 2004 graduate of Argenta-Oreana High School in Argenta. He received a degree in food science from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in 2010. He is a manager trainee with Frick's Meats in Washington, Mo.
A trip to Hawaii is planned this summer.
The couple is residing in Marthasville, Mo.