- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Charlie Roy Daniel, 83, of Millersville died Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 11, 1929, in Johnsonville, Tenn., to Roy and Flora McCaleb Daniel. He and Carolyn M. Friese were married Nov. 16, 1956. She preceded him in death on April 15, 1998.
Daniel graduated from Benton High School and attended Southeast Missouri State University.
He served with the U.S. Army in Korea during the Korean conflict from 1951 to 1952.
Daniel was vice president of manufacturing at Lenco Inc. in Jackson, where he worked from Jan. 4, 1956, until retiring March 31, 1986. He also was owner and operator of Daniel Farms in Millersville.
He was a member of Millersville United Methodist Church and served in various capacities including Sunday school superintendent. He was a 50-year member and past master of Westview Lodge 103 AF&AM of Millersville and a member of Cape Girardeau Shrine Club.
He is survived by a son, Chuck (Ann) Daniel of Imperial, Mo.; a daughter, Benita (Jim) Limbaugh of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Beulah McClain of Jerseyville, Ill., Bessie Buck of Jackson and Gayla Volz of Oak Ridge; seven grandchildren, Cory (Kristen) Daniel of Jackson, Caleb (Nikki) Daniel of Millersville, Katie (Steve) Foristal of Glendale, Mo., J.P. Limbaugh of Houston, Maggie Limbaugh of Memphis, Tenn., Heather Zapp of St. Charles, Mo., and Danielle Zapp of Fairview Heights, Ill.; three great-grandchildren, Masyn Daniel and Steven and Hudson Foristal.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; a brother, Joe M. Daniel; and two sisters, Lula Jane Pattengill and Oneida Ziegler.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home, with a Masonic service at 6 p.m.
The funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Michael Davis officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park with full military honors.
Memorials may be made to SoutheastHEALTH Hospice or Millersville United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.cracraftmiller.com.