- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
LINN, Mo. -- Donovan Jay Gohn, 40, of Linn, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, at St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis.
He was born April 11, 1972, in Cape Girardeau to Marilyn Gohn.
Donovan graduated from Central High School in 1990 and from Linn State Technical College in 2012 with a design drafting degree. He was working toward a second degree.
He was baptized and confirmed at Hanover Lutheran Church.
Survivors include his parents, Andrew and Marilyn Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Melanie Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; maternal grandmother, Thelma Gohn of Cape Girardeau; and an uncle and aunt, John and Debbie Gohn of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his beloved maternal grandfather, Dayton Gohn.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Hanover Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Tony Kobak officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Hanover Lutheran Church Building Fund or the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.