- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
LINN, Mo. -- Donovan Jay Gohn, 40, of Linn, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, at St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis.
He was born April 11, 1972, in Cape Girardeau to Marilyn Gohn.
Donovan graduated from Central High School in 1990 and from Linn State Technical College in 2012 with a design drafting degree. He was working toward a second degree.
He was baptized and confirmed at Hanover Lutheran Church.
Survivors include his parents, Andrew and Marilyn Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Melanie Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; maternal grandmother, Thelma Gohn of Cape Girardeau; and an uncle and aunt, John and Debbie Gohn of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his beloved maternal grandfather, Dayton Gohn.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Hanover Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Tony Kobak officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Hanover Lutheran Church Building Fund or the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.