- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
LINN, Mo. -- Donovan Jay Gohn, 40, of Linn, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, at St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis.
He was born April 11, 1972, in Cape Girardeau to Marilyn Gohn.
Donovan graduated from Central High School in 1990 and from Linn State Technical College in 2012 with a design drafting degree. He was working toward a second degree.
He was baptized and confirmed at Hanover Lutheran Church.
Survivors include his parents, Andrew and Marilyn Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Melanie Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; maternal grandmother, Thelma Gohn of Cape Girardeau; and an uncle and aunt, John and Debbie Gohn of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his beloved maternal grandfather, Dayton Gohn.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Hanover Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Tony Kobak officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Hanover Lutheran Church Building Fund or the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.