- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Libertarian committee considering two candidates
The Libertarian Party committee that will nominate a candidate to run in a June special election for the 8th Congressional District is considering two candidates and will meet next month.
Committee chairman Rick Vandeven said in a news release the committee will hold a public forum and nomination meeting at 1 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Scott County Courthouse.
Questions from Missouri Libertarian Party Executive Director Greg Tlapek and the Southeast Missouri State University Student Libertarian Association will be presented to candidates.
Those being considered are Jason Williams of Bloomfield, Mo., and Bill Slantz of St. Charles, Mo.
131 S. Winchester, Benton, MO