- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Local Cracker Barrel 20th Anniversary
CRACKER BARREL STORE IN CAPE GIRARDEAU CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY
Eight employees who were there when the doors opened on January 25, 1993 are still there Pleasing People®
The "Incredible Eight" long-term employees at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® in Cape Girardeau, Missouri have been serving up good country cookin' to travelers and neighbors alike for a combined 160 years. Louise Killeen, Vickie May, Stephanie McGee, Ruthie Paxton, Diane Shinn, Kim Stearns, Paula Tidwell and Leo White were all part of the store's opening team twenty years ago. They were joined shortly after by five more co-workers, Robert Menees, June McCrory, Tim Morrow, Terri Stabbs and Jeannie Taylor, who together represent 84 years of working at the Cracker Barrel Cape Girardeau store.
The time has gone by so fast for the eight that they can't believe they've been there twenty years. They chalk it up to Pleasing People®, the company's mission since 1969 when it was founded.