- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Local Cracker Barrel 20th Anniversary
CRACKER BARREL STORE IN CAPE GIRARDEAU CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY
Eight employees who were there when the doors opened on January 25, 1993 are still there Pleasing PeopleŽ
The "Incredible Eight" long-term employees at Cracker Barrel Old Country StoreŽ in Cape Girardeau, Missouri have been serving up good country cookin' to travelers and neighbors alike for a combined 160 years. Louise Killeen, Vickie May, Stephanie McGee, Ruthie Paxton, Diane Shinn, Kim Stearns, Paula Tidwell and Leo White were all part of the store's opening team twenty years ago. They were joined shortly after by five more co-workers, Robert Menees, June McCrory, Tim Morrow, Terri Stabbs and Jeannie Taylor, who together represent 84 years of working at the Cracker Barrel Cape Girardeau store.
The time has gone by so fast for the eight that they can't believe they've been there twenty years. They chalk it up to Pleasing PeopleŽ, the company's mission since 1969 when it was founded.