- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Local Cracker Barrel 20th Anniversary
CRACKER BARREL STORE IN CAPE GIRARDEAU CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY
Eight employees who were there when the doors opened on January 25, 1993 are still there Pleasing PeopleŽ
The "Incredible Eight" long-term employees at Cracker Barrel Old Country StoreŽ in Cape Girardeau, Missouri have been serving up good country cookin' to travelers and neighbors alike for a combined 160 years. Louise Killeen, Vickie May, Stephanie McGee, Ruthie Paxton, Diane Shinn, Kim Stearns, Paula Tidwell and Leo White were all part of the store's opening team twenty years ago. They were joined shortly after by five more co-workers, Robert Menees, June McCrory, Tim Morrow, Terri Stabbs and Jeannie Taylor, who together represent 84 years of working at the Cracker Barrel Cape Girardeau store.
The time has gone by so fast for the eight that they can't believe they've been there twenty years. They chalk it up to Pleasing PeopleŽ, the company's mission since 1969 when it was founded.