- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Local Cracker Barrel 20th Anniversary
CRACKER BARREL STORE IN CAPE GIRARDEAU CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY
Eight employees who were there when the doors opened on January 25, 1993 are still there Pleasing People®
The "Incredible Eight" long-term employees at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® in Cape Girardeau, Missouri have been serving up good country cookin' to travelers and neighbors alike for a combined 160 years. Louise Killeen, Vickie May, Stephanie McGee, Ruthie Paxton, Diane Shinn, Kim Stearns, Paula Tidwell and Leo White were all part of the store's opening team twenty years ago. They were joined shortly after by five more co-workers, Robert Menees, June McCrory, Tim Morrow, Terri Stabbs and Jeannie Taylor, who together represent 84 years of working at the Cracker Barrel Cape Girardeau store.
The time has gone by so fast for the eight that they can't believe they've been there twenty years. They chalk it up to Pleasing People®, the company's mission since 1969 when it was founded.