- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Local Cracker Barrel 20th Anniversary
CRACKER BARREL STORE IN CAPE GIRARDEAU CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY
Eight employees who were there when the doors opened on January 25, 1993 are still there Pleasing PeopleŽ
The "Incredible Eight" long-term employees at Cracker Barrel Old Country StoreŽ in Cape Girardeau, Missouri have been serving up good country cookin' to travelers and neighbors alike for a combined 160 years. Louise Killeen, Vickie May, Stephanie McGee, Ruthie Paxton, Diane Shinn, Kim Stearns, Paula Tidwell and Leo White were all part of the store's opening team twenty years ago. They were joined shortly after by five more co-workers, Robert Menees, June McCrory, Tim Morrow, Terri Stabbs and Jeannie Taylor, who together represent 84 years of working at the Cracker Barrel Cape Girardeau store.
The time has gone by so fast for the eight that they can't believe they've been there twenty years. They chalk it up to Pleasing PeopleŽ, the company's mission since 1969 when it was founded.