- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Edith L. Nance, 89, of Jackson, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 19, 1923, in Union County, Ill., to Logan and Edith Wilson Blaylock. She and William Nance were married April 10, 1954. He preceded her in death Jan. 14, 1987.
Edith retired from Thorngate Ltd. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and six brothers.
Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.