- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Brenda Kay Allen Drerup, 52, of Jackson passed away Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, at Heritage Care Center in St. Louis.
She was born Oct. 24, 1960, in Cape Girardeau to Robert and Naomi Allen.
Brenda had most recently worked for Artisan Contracting before having a stroke two years ago. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church. She loved spending time with her kids, grandkids and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Survivors include three children, Travis (Leah) Leimer of Jackson, Merideth (Ryan) McClendon of Belmont, Wis., and Cole Wills; four grandchildren, Tra, Layla and Layna Leimer of Jackson, Raegan McClendon of Belmont; grandmother, Myrtle Allen; three brothers; and several very close friends.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Henrichs officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Vitas Hospice, 1801 Park 270 Dr., Suite 150, St. Louis, MO 63146.
Online condolences may be made at www.cracraftmiller.com.