- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Luvina Barbara Beanland, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Oct. 28, 1922, in Missouri to George and Barbara Hennaman Unterreiner. She and John Paul Beanland were married Dec. 12, 1942, in Apple Creek, Mo. He preceded her in death in 1993.
Luvina was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, Ill. She had worked for the forest service in Jonesboro, Ill.
Survivors include nine children, Joan (Bob) Leimer of Oak Ridge, Scharlene (Bill) Jones of Millersville, John (Wanda) Beanland and Ronald (Marilyn) Beanland of Anna, Patricia (Jeff) Reeves of Bloomington, Ill., Theodore (Nancy) Beanland and Leonard (Paula) Beanland of Dongola, Ill., Suzzie (Mike) Thieke of Dawsonville, Ga., and Glenn (Emily) Beanland of Anna; three sisters, Betty Parato, Sister Marie and Rosella, all of St. Louis; 19 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Susan Carol Beanland; a grandson, Jordan Thieke; a step-grandson, Darrin Howell; two sisters, Bernetta and Mary; and three brothers, George, Ray and Eddie.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, with the Rev. Anthony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Alzheimer's Association, 9370 Olive Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63132-3214.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.