- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Few contested races on April ballot in Bollinger County
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Candidate rosters for school board and municipal elections are final, and in many races, there will be no contested races.
In Marble Hill, there is a race for Ward 1 alderman between Kenny Trentham and Clint Lacy; but Belinda Brown is the only candidate in Ward 2.
In Glenallen, Mo., incumbents Eldon Woodfin and Allen Parks are the only candidates for two ward seats.
Two candidates have filed for Sedgewickville, Mo.'s two wards: Merri Mungle and Perry Lynn James.
No one filed in Zalma, Mo., for city openings.
Woodland School Board incumbents Chris Rhodes and Brian Johnson are the only candidates for two board openings.
In the Leopold district, Martin Arnzen and Jim Thele are the only individuals who filed for two seats.
There will be a contest for the Meadow Heights School Board. Sheila Bess, Greg Dowler, Tory Turner, Ronald Reagan and Brian Brugger will battle for two seats. Incumbent Dennis Mouser did not seek re-election.
Three candidates have filed for school board in Zalma: Curt Wiseman, Mike Hovis and Jennifer Steinberg. Sue Stepp, who is serving an unexpired term, did not file for a full term.
Races for North County Fire Department, Bollinger County Ambulance District and Bollinger County Health Department boards already are decided: Dennis Mouser and Paul Lochircco have filed for two openings on the fire department board; Steve Brune filed to fill an opening in the ambulance board's District 6 and Elaine Vandeven filed for District 4; Carole Abernathy and Beth Leadbetter filed for two openings on the health department board.
The election will be April 2. The last day to register to vote in that election is March 6
Marble Hill, Mo.